Getting Started FAQs
Before you start
Here are the steps to creating a new UBC CPD eLearning account:
- Fill out the New Account form with your details.
- An email will be sent to your email address within 24 hours.
If you haven't received the activation email, check your spam folder. The time it takes to receive the activation email can vary, please give it up to 30 minutes.
- Read your email, and click on the web link it contains. If the link isn't clickable, copy and paste the URL into your browser.
- Your account will be confirmed and you will be logged in.
If you are having trouble creating a new account, please contact the site administrator.
- Begin by selecting the course you want to participate in.
- If the course allows for self enrolment, click "Enrol me"
- If you are prompted for an "enrolment key" - use the one provided in your enrollment confirmation email when you registered for a course on the UBC CPD website. Please be aware that there can be a delay in obtaining a confirmation email.
- Each module is divided into individual separate multi-page lessons with images, interactive quizzes, and review exercises. It is recommended that you work through the lessons page by page by clicking the next button.
- When inside a module, the Lesson Menu allows you to move through individual pages and topics throughout the module.
- The Table of Contents allows you to jump through the different lessons within the module. Lessons you have previously completed will be indicated with a green circle.
- Lesson review questions are there to reinforce learning. Short answer question responses are not recorded or graded. Multiple choice review questions are graded to improve personal learning outcomes only and do not impact your completion.
- Our eLearning site automatically saves your progress within lesson pages. If you have to take a break or step away from the course, feel free to close your browser. Upon returning to your previous lesson, you will be prompted to return to your last viewed lesson page.
Yes, please create a free account and login to the eLearning site for full access. Click here to create a new account and track your learning progress.
The UBC CPD registration system is separate from UBC CPD eLearning site. The username and password that you used to register for the course will not work here. Please be sure to create a new account for UBC CPD eLearning and login with the username and password that you created for this site.
Please check your junk mail. If the confirmation email is not there, please fill out the Site Feedback form and a member of the UBC CPD eLearning team will get back to you as soon as possible.
Whether it is an open course or the online component to a registered UBC CPD workshop the material will continue to be available so long as it remains accurate and we can uphold accreditation standards. This allows learners to return to past courses, access resources, review material, and collect past certificates. In addition to making small revisions as needed, we formally review all of our courses every 12-18 months to maintain accreditation and to ensure that all content remains current. If you were enrolled in a HOUSE course in the past and you do not see the course on the home page, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org; and for other inquiries, please contact UBC CPD eLearning at email@example.com
Yes! The University of British Columbia Faculty of Medicine, Division of Continuing Professional Development (UBC CPD) is fully accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Canadian Medical Education (CACME) to provide credits to physicians. All of our eLearning courses are accredited by UBC CPD. The type and number of credits depends on the course.
It depends on the course. In some cases, a certificate of completion with credit hours is automatically created upon completion of the course requirements. Please use this certificate to claim credit hours. Courses with a Learner Reflective Activity, Evaluation Survey, or Final Assessment that is submitted to the UBC CPD office will be reviewed and you will receive an email within 30 days of course completion. If you have any further questions or concerns please use the Site Feedback form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
How can I unsubscribe from email notifications on Discussion Board activity?
You can unsubscribe by clicking on the Discussion Board and selecting "Unsubscribe from this forum" in the "Administration" block in the left hand column navigation. Alternatively, you can unsubscribe by clicking the link "Unsubscribe from this forum" at the bottom of the email notification itself.