Getting Started FAQs
Site Update (June 1, 2021):
On June 1st we launched a refreshed ubccpd.ca website and upgraded all UBC CPD eLearning accounts.
ACTION REQUIRED: Please reset your password to access your previous eLearning and explore new course listings at ubccpd.ca/learn.
Here are the steps to creating a new UBC CPD account:
- Fill out the Create new account form with your details.
- An email will be sent to your email address.
If you haven't received the activation email, check your spam folder. The time it takes to receive the activation email can vary, please give it up to 30 minutes.
- Read your email, and click on the web link it contains. If the link isn't clickable, copy and paste the URL into your browser. This link can only be used once to log in and will lead you to a page where you can set your password.
- You will be prompted to change your password.
If you are having trouble creating a new account, please contact the site administrator.
- Begin by selecting a course from our main course library at ubccpd.ca/learn/learning-activities. Click "Register".
- If the course allows for self enrolment, click "Enrol me"
- If you are prompted to register, fill out the form. You will now be able to access the course from the Customer Portal or your UBC CPD eLearning Dashboard. Please allow 5-10 minutes for us to process your registrtaion and payment; if you do not see your course, try refreshing the page.
- If you are prompted for an "enrolment key" - use the one provided in your enrollment confirmation email when you registered for a course on the UBC CPD website. Please be aware that there can be a delay in obtaining a confirmation email.
- Nos cours en langue française sont encore en développement. Présentement, seuls les cours « Manuel en ligne sur les principes fondamentaux de la surveillance du bien-être fœtal » et « Communiquer l’information sur la vaccination : un cours à l’intention des sages-femmes » sont disponibles en langue française.
If you forgot your password, please reset your password here, and follow the email with instructions.
If the password reset does not provide you with an email, please check your "Spam" folder. If there is no email in the folder, you may not have an account with the email provided. You can create a new account here.
Our system can take some time to send out password recovery emails. If you don’t receive the email within a couple of hours, please check your junk or spam folder. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like us to set up your password manually.
Most of our Online Courses are free! We also have several Blended Courses which are associated with a UBC CPD workshop. Workshop registered participants will be granted access to these online modules. To search for free and paid courses and for more information about UBC CPD workshops please visit http://ubccpd.ca.
Yes, please create a free account and login to the eLearning site for full access. Click here to create a new account and track your learning progress.
Whether it is an open course or the online component to a registered UBC CPD workshop the material will continue to be available so long as it remains accurate and we can uphold accreditation standards. This allows learners to return to past courses, access resources, review material, and collect past certificates. In addition to making small revisions as needed, we formally review all of our courses every 12-18 months to maintain accreditation and to ensure that all content remains current. If you were enrolled in a HOUSE course in the past and you do not see the course on the home page, please contact email@example.com; and for other inquiries, please contact UBC CPD eLearning at firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes! The University of British Columbia Faculty of Medicine, Division of Continuing Professional Development (UBC CPD) is fully accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Canadian Medical Education (CACME) to provide credits to physicians. All of our eLearning courses are accredited by UBC CPD. The type and number of credits depends on the course.
It depends on the course. In some cases, a certificate of completion with credit hours is automatically created upon completion of the course requirements. Please use this certificate to claim credit hours. Courses with a Learner Reflective Activity, Evaluation Survey, or Final Assessment that is submitted to the UBC CPD office will be reviewed and you will receive an email within 30 days of course completion. If you have any further questions or concerns please use the Site Feedback form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
You can unsubscribe by clicking on the Discussion Board and selecting "Unsubscribe from this forum" in the "Administration" block in the left hand column navigation. Alternatively, you can unsubscribe by clicking the link "Unsubscribe from this forum" at the bottom of the email notification itself.